Saturday, September 8, 2012

Todo!

I haven't posted in so long..aahh! So many things are happening and everything is going so fast that I really haven't even had time. As the last post concluded, things really do improve every day! I can already feel myself making minor improvements each day in my Spanish listening, talking, writing, and reading. Last night, my host sister said that I was talking in my sleep which I wasn't surprised at because I always do (my family reading this will all attest to that). However, she said that I said a few words in Spanish! Mili claims that I replied "Si, si" and that I asked "Como?" No matter how simple, this really is a big step in my progress in Castellano (Spanish). School has been going really well-the principal, teachers, and students are all very understanding and nice. Also, I am really enjoying being in a small, Catholic school. I used to never think I would say this, but I really do miss going to church every Sunday and the comfort that it provides me; it's something that I have to look forward to when I return. Mili, my host cousin, and I go to the gym every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday after school and on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I have gym at 9:30 a.m. for school. Another big positive sidenote is that I'm finally getting adjusted to the Argentine schedule! I am now accustomed to staying up until 2 or so in the morning and sleeping until 11:30 or 12. My body is also finally getting used to the different meal times which is really nice. This weekend, I went to the Argentine discos for the first time! It was different, but very fun. Mili and I went to a classmate's house with about 12 other girls before going to the disco from 2 to 5 in the morning. When we got home at 5:30 a.m., we ate dinner (yes you read right, dinner) and slept until 2. I love the music and the dancing here and it really was a great experience. Later this afternoon, I met with my AFS liaison and we went to the park to drink mate, eat chocolate and banana bread, and talk. It was fabulous. After, we went to the Cordoba Superipark or themepark. The rides were a little on the sketch side but they were fun all the same and I left all intact! Tonight, my host siblings, two cousins, mother, and I made some fabulous cheese pizza...mmm. The food here is pretty good so far. I really enjoy the asados on Sundays which are pretty much just a big meal of meat; the dulce de leche which is like our caramel, nutella and peanut butter all in one; and the flan dessert. The most common main dish that I've seen so far is breaded chicken with rice. Tomorrow, I'm going downtown and to the "feria", which is a place with a ton of artisans on the weekends, with my host sister and cousin which will be very fun. As I get accustomed to the schedule, food, language, culture, school etc. everything really is getting so so much better. I am starting to really enjoy my time here and the experience that I have been provided with. Thanks Mom and Dad. Hasta luego!
 Some of my cousins and I
Left to right: Fernanda (18), Mili (sister-16), me, Emiliana (14)
 Fountain show in the center
 In front of cathedral
 One of the various parks in center
 Amazing church inside and out
 Anna from Germany and I spending day together in center
 Patio Olmos Shopping Mall
Some friends and I
Left to right: Me, Emiliana, Mili, Victoria, Agustina, Bachi, Juli

1 comment:

  1. The dulce de leche sounds like a delicious combo. Glad to hear of all your experiences as well as your late night disco!!!

    ReplyDelete