Monday, August 27, 2012

Differences and Difficulties

It's not better, it's not worse, it's just different. I have been repeating this to myself so many times over the past 24 hours. Everything is so different here and I'm trying to get used to it. For me, the language barrier has been my biggest difficulty and is very frustrating. I normally am a very talkative person but I haven't been able to talk much while I'm here. I have difficulty understanding and talking to my family but I manage to usually get my point across. I really hope that this starts to change soon. Also, the culture is so different. My family stays up very late and the teenagers are often out until early in the morning. However, they sleep until 12 and go to school from 1:30 until 6. Another difference is the eating times. They have a light breakfast of rolls in the morning, a rich lunch with meats and bread, and a rich dinner with meats and bread as well. Everything has bread. I miss my home and my family so much right now. However, I know that they will always be there when I return and that this opportunity will not always be here for me. I am trying to get used to the way of life here in Argentina. I know that it will just come with time.

No comments:

Post a Comment