Wednesday, August 29, 2012

One week!

I've been away from home for one week-Argentina for six days. I can already feel myself starting to improve in both understanding and communicating in Spanish. It's been nice to have a week off of school to overcome the culture shock, the language change, the different schedule, everything. I've had the opportunity to see many of Cordoba's attractions such as the various museums, monuments, parks, etc. Also, I have really been able to bond with my extended host family and get to know everyone. I have spent a lot of my time with my 18 yr. old cousin because she has already graduated from high school. As time goes on, everything is improving and I know that once school starts, it will be even better. I think that I will start school on Monday at Our Lady of Loreta catholic school My experience this far has widened my perspective to one that includes ways of life around the world instead of just my home. It has made me so grateful for all the opportunities that I have had. Well, it's 12 in the morning here so I should probably get to sleep... Until next time! Nos vemos!

3 comments:

  1. Kerry,
    So great to hear that you are adjusting. This is an opportunity of a lifetime! Keep the updates coming!
    Pepper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Ker! So good to hear all about your trip! I am just in my classroom preparing before the kiddos get here this morning. They are fascinated that I am from Montana, the other day I got the question "Miss Manion, what language do you speek in Montana?", hahaha, I can't wait to tell them where you are! THEY WILL LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete